I’ll admit it… I love subscription boxes of all kinds. There are so many different ones to choose from now, but they all have the same concept: get a box of new product samples to try out, without having to pay for full-size, full-price items that you don’t yet know that you love. And I recently discovered that for the beauty, hair and skincare lover, Beauty Box 5 is a great option.
Each month, five deluxe samples and full-sized products are delivered right to your door from Beauty Box 5 – and at a low cost of $12 and free shipping. With a wide variety of brands – Aveeno, John Frieda and NYX Cosmetics to name a few – Beauty Box 5 makes it fun and simple to try out new brands and great products at a fraction of their cost. The Beauty Box 5 team only shares products they stand behind, so you get quality along with variety, and everything from makeup, beauty accessories and hair products, to skincare, fragrances, body, and nail products. They even share tips on the best ways to use them, which I found really helpful.
I tried out the August Beauty Box 5, which definitely delivered on quality and variety, with products from Pūr~lisse, La Fresh, Nanacoco, Novex and Style Essentials. Read on below for more on the products included.
- Pūr~lisse Pur~Protect SPF 30: This everyday moisturizer is worth every dollar. Ideal for any skin type, this face lotion gives you the daily SPF you need without any greasiness, so you enjoy the sun while protecting your face in a way that doesn’t irritate sensitive skin. It’s great for applying after a morning shower or face wash to get you ready for the day. ($55 for 1.7 oz)
- La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes: Keep your face clean on-the-go (or if you’re feeling lazy and don’t want to wash your face in the morning or before bed) with these facial cleansing wipes. They come in individual packages, which makes them really great for travel because you don’t have to bring an entire package along with you. Not only are they super convenient, they are complete with Vitamin E, aloe and cucumber, so they’re nice and refreshing. These will be coming along with me on my trip to Aruba in just one week! ($19.99 for 48 packets)
- Nanacoco Lip Gloss: This lip gloss comes in great nude and pink colors – Caramel Latte, First Kiss, Lovely, Mysterious, Secret Crush, Popular and more – and gives you the perfect amount of shine, minus the stickiness that some lip glosses tend to have. I got Popular in my BB5, which was the perfect pop of pink to go with my summer tan and blonde hair. The gloss goes on smooth and is easily applied by using the tip of the wand to line your lips and then the side to fill in with color. These vibrant colors stay put on your lips and also have Vitamin E to keep them hydrated. ($3.99 for .22 fl oz)
- Novex Brazilian Keratin: This keratin hair treatment deep conditions with proteins and vitamins to restore shine and smoothness and works well on all hair types. For seriously soft hair, shampoo, rinse, apply to your damp hair and leave in for 25 minutes. It’s worth the time! ($19.50 for 2 lbs)
- Style Essentials Nail Polish: These nail polishes come in fun, colorful colors and have an easy-to-apply brush that makes painting your nails easy. With the brand’s four-color Fade to Black and Touch of Teal collections, the colors go perfectly together so you can wear one at a time or combine them in any way you want! ($7 for set of 4)
Love the products you receive from Beauty Box 5? You can head right over to BeautyBox5.com and purchase full-size samples here. And each month, winners that post Instagram pics of their Beauty Box 5, use #bb5fave and tag @beautybox5 are randomly selected to win five full-size versions of the products.
For just $12 a month, you can get five deluxe samples of great products delivered right to your door from Beauty Box 5. Sign up here and check out the discounts you can receive by paying for your Beauty Box 5’s quarterly (save $6) and yearly (save $45). Subscriptions make great gifts too – pick from $30 for three boxes, $60 for six boxes or $99 for 12 boxes.
What’s your favorite subscription box? Have you tried out Beauty Box 5 yet? Let us know in the comments below!Examiner.com. Also, while I received a sample for this review, all opinions are 100% my own.