If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you know that I love Skinnytaste recipes. And while I wish I could be as talented in the kitchen as she is, I settle for recreating her recipes and sharing with you on my blog from time to time.
For my husband’s birthday BBQ I tried out Skinnytaste’s Summer Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini and also made my own Lemon Dill Orzo Salad as sides. I love a good macaroni salad and this is a healthier version of a traditional side dish, which incorporates more veggies and uses ingredients like Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard to replace some of the mayo. In the photos below I added a tiny bit extra of the dressing mixture, but it’s definitely not necessary.
This macaroni salad also makes for great leftovers. Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
- 16 oz uncooked elbows
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups (1 small) zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 7 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, oregano, garlic powder; mix well.
- Add tomatoes (and any juice from the tomato), zucchini, pasta, salt and pepper to taste, toss well and place in a large bowl.