One of my favorite parts of any awards show is watching the celebrities walk the red carpet in the latest in fashion and beauty. The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards was no different, and this year some of my favorite celebrity looks were Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Jenna Dewan Tatum and Gwyneth Paltrow.
While we don’t all have the luxury of wearing couture gowns to awards shows, you can recreate Best Actress in a Motion Picture nominee Reese Witherspoon’s makeup with the help of her friend and makeup artist Molly R. Stern. Read on for more on Reese’s Golden Globes makeup, which Stern called a “statuesque and golden” look to complement her silver gown by Calvin Klein Collection (which I loved on her!).
FACE: Clean and photo-ready skin
- Stern first applied Caudalie Eau De Beaute Elixer, ($49) to invigorate Witherspoon’s skin.
- Next, she massaged RéVive Serum Pressé Illuminating Skin Firmer, ($310) to give her complexion a natural, luminous and smooth base. She lightly applied RèVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator, ($195) for added hydration.
- Stern then applied NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, ($48, April 2015) to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.”
- Using Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance, ($56), Stern lightly contoured Witherspoon’s cheeks to accentuate the colour.
- She then added an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, ($25) topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Fira – Mango, ($37).
EYES: Golden wash of colour
- Stern’s inspiration for Witherspoon’s eye look was a “golden wash of colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry.
- She first created a base using Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat, ($24). She then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold, ($28) on Witherspoon’s upper lids, “creating a brilliant sheen to compliment her sterling silver gown.”
- Then, she roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir, ($24).
- Lastly, Stern curled Witherspoon’s lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, ($29), and coated her lashes twice using Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, ($25).
LIPS: Wine-stained lips
- To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, ($27) topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
What were your favorite looks from the Golden Globe Awards? Let us know in the comments below!