This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BowlTimeSnacks #CollectiveBias
The best part of football season is having a reason to get together with friends and family over delicious food and drinks on a weekly basis. It’s my favorite time to whip up my go-to recipes, such as my three ingredient artichoke dip, but also try out new ones. In advance of this weekend, I tested a new idea, Layered Three-Olive Tapenade with hummus and feta, and it ended up being so delicious!
This recipe came about thanks to my love of olives and hummus. I had been thinking about creating an olive tapenade recipe, but then it dawned on me that I could make it into a bite-sized Mediterranean appetizer. And the best part is that it’s SO easy.
When I say easy, I’m talking lay out the ingredients, throw almost everything in the food processor, pulse a bunch of times, then spread hummus, olive tapenade and feta on a cracker and enjoy.
I don’t have one of those giant food processors, but it worked just fine splitting everything up and throwing in my smaller version. I’ll be the first to admit that the olive tapenade isn’t the most visually pleasing thing, but by using three different olives and roasted red peppers, you at least get a good assortment of colors in there. You can really make this recipe with any olives you happen to have at home – up to you!
Once all of the ingredients are combined, go ahead and start assembling. Honestly, this was easier than I thought it would be. Take your time and you’ll come out with some nice looking appetizers to serve to your guests (or eat yourself… which I did with several).
I love using classic RITZ® crackers as the base of this appetizer because their buttery taste and crunchy texture is the perfect complement to the hummus, olive tapenade and feta. And how cute are these glass bottles of Coca-Cola? Add a fun straw and they’re instantly entertaining-worthy. The 1/2 liter Coca-Cola bottles are also great for guests (we usually opt for Diet Coke, but go with whatever your guests will enjoy!). I picked up the RITZ® crackers and Coca-Cola bottles at my local Stop & Shop (scroll down to see exactly where you can find them).
I’m already starting to think of other ways to use this olive tapenade – putting it on top of chicken might be next. But for now, I’ll stick with this deliciousness…
What are your favorite game day appetizers? Let us know in the comments below!
- 6.5 oz jar pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup California olives
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 oz original hummus
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 package RITZ® crackers
- Pour olives, roasted red peppers, capers and garlic into food processor.
- Pulse in one second intervals, stopping periodically to scrape sides. Pieces should be approximately 1/8"; avoid over-processing beyond this size.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Pulse a few more times.
- Spread hummus onto RITZ® crackers. Top with olive tapenade mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.