Makeup brand Sheer Cover Studio, backed by big names like Brooke Burke-Charvet and celebrity makeup artist Naomi Priestley, is a relatively new name to the mineral makeup world. The brand offers mineral-based products that are healthy for your skin, but also hide imperfections and give you the nutrients your skin needs.
Below are some of Sheer Cover Studio’s popular products that I had the opportunity to try out, which can be worn together to create a simple, yet put together daily makeup look. For more on how to apply each of these products, check out these tips, which give you step by step instructions.
- Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation: Create a look that resembles an airbrushed face, but skip the airbrush and instead use Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation ($33). With four shades, all of which have Trueshade Technology and are sweat-proof and chemical-free, you can find a shade that truly matches your skin tone. The Foundation is mineral-based and really lightweight – but also has the necessary ingredients to hide any imperfections, while also nourishing your skin and giving you the natural radiance we all love. The new Studio Foundation Brush ($40) works really well with it too.
- Conceal & Brighten Trio: The Conceal & Brighten Trio ($34) does exactly what it says – it helps cover up blemishes, sun spots and more with light-diffusing minerals. You can build it on without worrying about it caking or flaking, as the formula is creamy and hydrating. Pro tip: Dip the new Studio Concealer Brush ($19) into the light and dark concealer and blend together on the back of your hand. This will warm up the concealer to make for a smooth application, and it also allows you to get the right color match.
- Sun-Kissed Bronzing Minerals: No matter what time of year it is, we all crave a bit of sunshine. While bronzing in the sun isn’t good for our skin, there are products like the new Sun-Kissed Bronzing Minerals ($37) that can give you that beachy, sun-kissed look. Combine the three shades in whatever way you like and focus on the areas where the sun naturally hits – forehead, cheeks, chin, décolleté. The bronzer does its magic with just natural, light-reflecting minerals and a skin-softening conditioning complex. And it works perfectly with Sheer Cover’s new Studio Bronzing Brush ($31), which is so soft.
- Lengthening Mascara & Lash Extending Fibers: Combine the benefits of two great products – Lengthening Mascara ($27) and Lash Extending Fibers ($22) – to quickly get a look of thick, long lashes. The Fibers really boost your typical mascara-ed eyes, as they not only help with length and thickness, but they also condition your lashes. Sheer Cover suggests applying three coats – mascara, fibers, mascara.
- Base Perfector Primer: Prep your skin before foundation and concealer with Base Perfector Primer ($30-100, depending on size). It gives you a nice, shine-free finishes that smooths out your skin, minimizing wrinkles and imperfections while also giving you antioxidants like Vitamin E and green tea that help protect your skin down the road.
Sheer Cover offers lots of other products as well, including face cleanser and moisturizer, finishing powder, highlighter, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, lip gloss, concealer and more. There are also a number of brushes that pair really well with Sheer Cover makeup.
With Sheer Cover’s Create-A-Kit program, you can choose from a combination of products to get exactly what you need and what works best for you. The program comes with great benefits – exclusive discounted prices, free shipping on 7+ items, and a free gift with 10+ items. You decide when you want to have your package sent right to your door, making this a super easy and convenient way to buy great makeup.
To learn more about Sheer Cover Studio or to buy the brand’s products to try out for yourself, visit sheercover.com. You can also follow Sheer Cover on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
**This post was originally written and published by me on Examiner.com. Also, I received samples for review through a ModernMom program. All opinions are 100% my own.