My husband and I don’t usually do Valentine’s Day gifts – my birthday is four days beforehand and over the years we’ve opted for travel rather than things for gifts (although he does send beautiful flowers!). But that’s not to say you shouldn’t do regular gifts, as it’s always nice to receive one from someone special in your life, especially if it’s something you’ll use and love.
Whether you’re asking your significant other for something you’ve had your eye on or giving your bestie a treat, here’s a list of my favorite Valentine’s Day gifts of the year. These all make great gifts for any occasion!
1. Flowers that last a year. I had no idea these existed until a coworker got them a few years ago. They’re not cheap, but I do like the concept behind them – these real roses are pretty, come in several sizes and will last up to a year. They also come in smaller & bigger options.
2. A cozy cashmere wrap scarf. A couple of my coworkers also have these and swear by them. This is definitely an investment piece, but is such high quality that you can go ahead and get rid of other blanket scarves once you get your hands on one of these. They also come in lots of different colors, so ask for one you’ll wear often. Select colors are on sale here and here.
3. A nice neutral, leather bag or wallet. I have this carryall bag and love it because it isn’t too big but still fits a ton and has a cross-body strap. This brand is one you can count on lasting – the leather is good quality and they keep costs down by selling direct-to-consumer. Their zip-up wallets are also great picks. Everything comes in several colors of leather, but I’m partial to the stone or blush colors because they go with everything.
4. A fresh pair of (rose) sneaks or slides. My husband and I are sneaker lovers, so they make for good gifts in our household. I personally think that rose pink is becoming a neutral – it goes with everything – and I love when that extends into my footwear. I love these sneakers and these slides.
5. Dainty gold jewelry. I’ve been into layering simple gold jewelry and these are pretty easy to pick out for someone else without much guidance. My favorite places to shop for these pieces are Missoma, Mejuri and Gorjana (linked some of my favorites, which more as you scroll the images below!).
6. Book a weekend getaway and accessorize with a suitcase or other travel supplies. You can’t go wrong with a nice suitcase (love this rose gold option) – Delsey sent me their hard shell suitcases last year and they were so great we ordered another set for my husband soon after. Other ideas: a leather passport wallet (less expensive version here) or a travel set with a silk pillow and eye mask. The cashmere travel wrap mentioned above also fits into this category.
7. Nice candles & spa-like skincare products. I’ll never be disappointed if someone gets me a good quality candle. This brand is one of my favorites and they have pretty rose gold sets right now (another here). But I’m also into soy candles like these, which are also rose gold. This set is filled with clean skincare products like a hydrating rose mist, lip conditioner and body polish.
*This post contains affiliate links.*