We have a toddler born on Christmas Day, so when Valentine’s Day rolls around, she really doesn’t need much. But I still think it’s a fun time to get a couple cute outfits and gifts that are things she’d use anyway like Valentine’s Day themed books.
Here are some of our favorite baby and toddler Valentine’s Day books that we’ve either accumulated over the past two years or will likely try out soon! They’re organized by board books and paperback/hardcover so you can see which are good to start out with smaller babies – these are all still great for toddler years ahead!
What are your favorite baby and toddler Valentine’s Day books? Give us your favorites in the comments!
Valentine’s Day Board Books:
- Little Blue Truck’s Valentine – Probably our most loved series, this Valentine’s Day story is about Little Blue Truck delivering Valentines to his friends, and getting a surprise himself from all of them at the end.
- I Love Pete the Kitty – Pete the Kitty, and now Pete the Cat, books are also popular in our house, and this particular book has been a favorite from age 1 through age 2.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! – A spin off of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie,” a cute story about Mouse preparing Valentine’s Day cards unique to each one of his friends.
- Fisher Price Little People – Valentine’s Day is Here – This book gives lots of entertainment with tons of flaps to lift and also a memory matching game.
- Guess How Much I Love You – A loving story, great for anytime of year!
- I Spy Little Hearts – A themed board book from the “I Spy” series.
- I Love You, Stinky Face – Don’t have this yet, but definitely popular!
Valentine’s Day Paperback & Hardcover Books:
- Pout Pout Fish: Special Valentine – Great for any kid who loved the original Pout Pout book! Also comes with punch out valentines.
- Minnie Be My Sparkly Valentine – My daughter is obsessed with Minnie Mouse, so this book – complete with stickers – is definitely a win. Here’s another similar book.
- Pete the Cat’s Groovy Guide to Love & Pete the Cat Valentine’s Day is Cool – We don’t have these yet but are definitely on the list for future Valentine’s Days! Love anything Pete the Cat/Kitty.
- That’s Me Loving You – Another nice story about a parent’s love I came across in my hunt for books.