*This post contains affiliate links.*
I try not to go crazy in the Nordstrom sale each year – but rather come at it with a thoughtful look at things that are actually worth purchasing during it. I also use it as a time to stock up on things I consistently use or wardrobe staples that are worth repurchasing. I don’t want to do a ton of buying and returning (unless it’s shoes – I can expect to do that!) and I also don’t want to buy things on sale that I wouldn’t have my eye on otherwise. Here’s what I bought from the Nordstrom sale this year:
What I Bought in This Year’s Nordstrom Sale:
- For Me:
- Tom Ford Sari Sunglasses: My biggest Nordstrom sale splurge but I’ve been on the hunt for a good pair of polarized sunglasses. I was expecting them to not work out based on reviews, but goes to show that sunglasses are highly personal – I love them! I also liked these Ray Bans but only needed one pair.
- En Saison Floral Eyelet Dress: I’ve had my eye on this and grabbed it once it went on sale. I’m hoping it’ll be a good dress for everyday and vacation, as well as family photos.
- Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate: I’ve been wanting to try this for years. So far I love how silky it is going on – I’ve heard great things!
- Kopari Deodorant Set: I always come back to this clean deodorant and the Nsale is a good time to stock up on a discounted 3-pack.
- Coola Sunscreen Set: Another favorite – you’re essentially getting 2x travel sprays for the price of one regular size.
- Zella Restore Leggings: I just hit purchase on the leggings and may also try out the joggers. I think they’re supposed to be lighter weight than the Live-In leggings I’ve previously bought.
- For My Toddler:
- Toddler Uggs: A size up for fall/winter. I feel confident buying kids’ shoes a size or two up from Nordstrom given their return policy. If they end up not working out, go ahead and send them back!
What I’ve Bought & Loved from Past Years’ Nordstrom Sale:
- For Me:
- Zella Amazing Cozy Wrap Jacket: One of my favorite Nordstrom purchases – it’s a cozy sweatshirt/lightweight jacket and I also got a lot of use out of it while expecting and postpartum.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I purchase a new pair of these every few years from the Nordstrom sale. Last year I actually got a jogger version instead.
- Living Proof Shampoo, Conditioner, Dry Spray Set: I would have purchased this again this year if I hadn’t just got a similar bundle from the brand directly.
- Vince Warren Platform Sneakers: These sell out quickly when they go on sale but are a great staple that doesn’t seem to go out of style.
- Free People Henley Shirts: A closet staple – which I also love because they can be worn while pregnant – that I always go back for. They seem to change the style a tiny bit year-over-year but they’re always similar.
- Zella Live-In Leggings (& maternity version!): This has been an Nordstrom sale staple for years. They’re good quality and very affordable during the sale.
- Free People Sweaters: A little early to shop for these in the summer, but I like to add one to my wardrobe every year and this is a good time to shop. They last!
- Supergoop! Glow Screen Set: Products I use every day; seems to sell out fast.
- Necessaire Body Set: Would have purchased this if I didn’t restock recently. Love this clean body wash and lotion.
- For My Baby/Toddler:
- Toddler Bogs Boots: Similar to this year’s Ugg purchase, I grabbed these winter toddler boots a size up – they have several styles suitable for different ages.
- Baby Hooded Bunting: We loved this for walks when our daughter was an infant – especially in the gender-neutral blue and white stripes.
- See Kai Run Sneakers: These are the best first walker sneakers I found (here in navy) and I also like their toddler sneakers, though I haven’t tried them yet.
Other Picks for This Year’s Nordstrom Sale:
- Ugg Slippers: I don’t need these right now so I didn’t get them, but I’ve always been a big fan of their slippers. These are more in line with the style I’ve had for years.
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller: I got a lightly used, older version of this stroller on Facebook Marketplace but this is a great sale find!
- Fall Boots: There have been years I’ve found some great footwear in this sale. If I had to pick a pair this time around, it would be these Calson Miller Water Resistant Chelsea Boots.