My last “Good Things” update was the day after my 35th birthday, and it’s been a bit of a hectic month both personally and professionally for a number of reasons to be shared another day. The weather is finally getting nicer, and we now have trips to Florida and Folly Beach, SC on the books, with trips to spend time with friends also in planning phases. Having something to look forward to – particularly travel – is what my husband and I count on to get us through challenging times… it always works!
My 2-year-old seems to have hit a growth spurt, and between that and gearing up for a warm weather vacation, I’ve been picking out lots of toddler clothes – full post coming soon! Similarly, with Easter around the corner, I’ve had fun browsing dresses and practical Easter basket gifts, like this wooden painting set, egg-shaped crayons, and these farm animals.
Here are my latest “Good Things” – what I’m reading, watching, listening to, shopping, and popular blog posts. Have a good weekend!
What I’m Reading:
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid: Loved this because one of the main characters is a 2-year-old and I understood the connection her nanny had with her. This description explains it well: A “big-hearted story about race and privilege, set around a young black babysitter, her well-intentioned employer, and a surprising connection that threatens to undo them both.”
- Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand: Great beach read – as mentioned last update, this author writes books based on Nantucket. This is a story about small town family and friendship ties mixed with a murder mystery.
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily and Amelia Nagoski: I listened to a podcast with these authors last year and have been waiting for the book to come out. I’m not going through this as fast as I do fiction books, but I’m finding it really interesting!
What I’m Watching:
- Euphoria (HBO): Still up-to-date on the latest episodes in Season 2 – this season is more intense than the last.
- Inventing Anna (Netflix): Mini series based on Anna Delvy, a Russian-German con artist who posed as a German heiress in NYC from 2013-2017.
- Ozark (Netflix): We’re going through the latest season very quickly – liking it so far.
- Reality TV – The Bachelor (ABC) + Summer House (Bravo): Usual mix of reality TV!
What I’m Listening to:
- RomComPods’ Showmance & Honeymoon for One: I had never listened to a podcast fiction series before and have found these RomComs to be cute, casual listens on my daily walks. They were featured in the NYT here! The same writers have a new series, Bone Marry Bury, starring Sarah Hyland that isn’t a RomCom and I can’t wait to listen!
- [Skincare] Supergoop! Glow Screen + Glow Stick: About to reorder Glow Screen for spring, as it’s a daily staple, and now I’m also loving the Glow Stick version, which is SPF 50 vs. 40. They have different consistencies and look once they’re on – think it’s more of personal preference! Also highly recommend trying out their starter set to see what you like best.
- [Accessories] Jacquard Weave Bag: This looks way more expensive than it is and folds flat, so I’ll be bringing it on an upcoming beach vacation.
- [Clothing] Vintage Soft Joggers: I can’t wait to receive these, as I’ve seen others rave about their comfort!
- [Toddlers] Hope & Henry Dresses: This Target line has so many great seersucker and other style spring dresses for babies and toddlers. I got this one for my daughter.
- [Home] Fabric Storage Boxes with Faux Leather Accents: Just ordered all 3 sizes of these for under $50 – they will be a nice update to our leaning bookcase, which mostly has photos and various vases and trinkets displayed currently.
Popular Daily Katy Posts:
- Baby Easter Gifts on Amazon: This is exactly what I put in Sofia’s Easter basket – all available with tight turnaround on Amazon – when she was a baby. Working on a toddler version!
- Target Beach Finds: My most recent post is what I’ve either bought or have been eyeing for Target beach finds – cover-ups, bathing suits, bags, and more.
- 3-Ingredient Artichoke Dip: One of my go-to recipes that I’m actually making tomorrow for a family get together rose to popularity yet again recently!
- And similar to last update, a few posts that remain highly popular are: